Phone: 000 In an emergency situation where a person is in immediate danger or at risk of harm, phone Emergency Services (000) or go to the emergency department of your local hospital.
- Beyond Blue, for anxiety and depression Tel 1300 22 4636 Information and resources about depression. For more information visit
- Lifeline, crisis support 24 hours Tel 13 11 14 Contact Lifeline if you are feeling low, depressed or suicidal, or worried about a friend or family member and need immediate help.
- Domestic Violence Line – Phone: 1800 656 463 24 hour, 7 days per week telephone service for those affected by domestic violence.
- The Butterfly Foundation for eating disorders, Sydney 1800 334 673 8am-9pm
- SANE Australia Helpline – Phone: 1800 187 263 SANE Helpline provides information about symptoms, treatments, medications, where to go for support and help for carers. Easy to read pamphlets and other information are also sent out on request. The Helpline is only available Monday to Friday 9:00am to 5:00pm EST. SANE also provides a Helpline online service.
- Medicare at medicare.com
- Mensline – Phone: 1300 78 9978 https://www.mensline.org.au/ is the national telephone support, information and referral service for men with family and relationship concerns.
- ACON NSW – Phone: 1800 063 060 – HIV, Health, Alcohol and other Drugs, Mental Health, Anti-Violence, Ageing and Workplace Equality support and information for the Gay, Lesbian, Bi-sexual, intersex and transsexual community.
- Mental Health Information Service – Phone: 1300 794 991 This is a free, anonymous helpline via phone and email, operating week-days. A wide range of information is also available to the public on other services that can directly impact mental health for individuals or their families.